Monday, June 28, 2004

another angel, on eyes… & past performance

I was delighted to rediscovered another yahoo angel, late on Saturday, or was it early sunday…. and I did not recognize her at first… just her lovely style…I had sketched her very early on and have unfortunately misplaced those sketches, but I still feel guilty I ended up ruining an otherwise beautiful sketch at the time, by overworking the eyes

Eyes are to me the most important parts of a portrait… I subscribe to the view that they are the true windows to the soul… but they aren’t easy to get right.

this sketch of big girl, immediately below, shows how I saw eyes, back then, and tried to draw the almond shape, iris and pupil… these are symbolic eyes… not reflective pools of the spirit within…

quick pencil sketch of a big girl showing ... Posted by Hello

No comments: