Sunday, June 27, 2004

magnificent waste of time....

I know that quote is plagiarized, but where the hell is it from… it was an unwanted critic of my blog delivered to me very forcefully this morning… oh well you can’t please everyone

I loved the article in the ages’s sunday agenda about australian cartoonist, called Drawing conclusions…. as usual michael leunig shone are a real treasure, I loved his quote

The hypocrisy of some is that we like to think of ourselves as sophisticated and evolved, but we’re still also driven by primal urges like greed and power. I think it needs a primal expression like drawing to point this out.

… this blog is my way to primal expression, …not a waste of time at all…

The day is only half over but already its been huge, an impromptu party for my new friend, her girl friends and some of their families, three of my four sons and their girlfriends, son number one is married and lives in London, and my old army mate, known then as mad dog, or gentleman jim to his close friends, and his extended family.. he is down for the funeral of another of our mates… amazingly it when well… even got a good does of sunshine, warm as long as you stay out of the wind.

the girls have retired to the shops, yes again!

…and the blokes are trying to find something to do, actually they are watching classic 1970s soccer games on SBS I think… there is no real footy this weekend in Melbourne, so blokes everywhere are looking a little lost… I must be addicted to blogging, I’m typing this and not watching the TV…

The final word is I’ll have to agree with my critic on one point, no names of family or friends so I don’t accidentally hurt anyone. .. and thats enough for another day

No comments: