Thursday, August 05, 2004

even the paint is against me

after my experiments in the solomons I'm keen to master the watercolor wash and getting the right paper was part of that so I've been experimenting. I loved a photo I was sent to sketch by paula some time ago and thought the transparent top over a healthy skin tone would be a perfect test. so one with a very diluted scarlet... let it dry and then add a little orche and violet and .... buggar its gone all blotchy...

Paula a bit blotchy Posted by Hello


it seems the paint or my paintbrush must have a bit of lacquer or something waterproof in them. take about back to the drawing board

1 comment:

Unknown said...

the problem is actually in the paper, apparently it was a water soluable filling that dries a little waterproof, and it was dissolved but the first wet wash